Monday, October 24, 2016

Sarah Rosecrans
Project 3
"Destroy and Reconstruct"


The Original Compositions

         Geometric  &  Natural


The Process


I started just by cutting the compositions into pieces with my rotary cutter, I tried to make the pieces with curved edges but I cut them randomly  because I still wasn't completely sure what my finished product would be. Once the pieces were all cut I began fitting pieces together and sewing them with my sewing machine. I realized that most of my pieces would have to overlap as opposed to fitting together perfectly since overlapping them gave them more support and durability. I started by doing each petal separately, then I'd sew them all together and start with the next layer of petals. Once I got all four of my layers sewn together I bent the petals up to give the flower a more three demential feel. 



The Finished Product


I definitely enjoyed the destruction and reconstruction of the compositions more than I actually enjoyed creating the original pieces. I am a big fan of sewing so I took advantage of the openness of the project guidelines and brought this project to my sewing machine. I loved this project and hope I can do more things like it in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment