Tuesday, October 11, 2016

PROJECT 2 by JUAN P. TORRES

I hate to say that it's been a rough start for me in this class but time is my enemy. I really had no plan with this project and most compositions i did i was not really digging, my final compositions were just completely random and sort of rushed, i was inspired mostly by some paisley patterns and  watermelon color combination. This was my first time working with gouache so i struggled a bit with gradient tones and control with the water. It was nostalgic working on this project because it took me back to my art class days in elementary school when we would use watercolor. I honestly went with the flow and tried to make something completely different i didn't quite want the geometric composition to look like anything in particular, i just wanted to give it some new school vibe, which turned out kind of Mexican in a way. On the other hand, my organic composition was composed of several eyes and some paisley looking drops. I felt rushed but sure put effort into them, wouldn't say its some of my best work but i felt accomplished at the end of it all. Overall this was less stressful than the first project and definitely not as time consuming.

    Geometric & organic shapes


Sketches/compositions





Color Theory 




Final Project










No comments:

Post a Comment