Sunday, October 9, 2016

Project Two

Shapes & Sketches




Swatches, Wheel, & Gradiants

Finished Compositions 









Reflection:
I'd say as far as how I enjoyed this project it was alright. I liked some aspects of it more than others, I enjoyed doing the compositions moreover the color wheel, gradients, and swatches. I favored the compositions over the others because in previous high school art classes we always had to do color wheels and gradients and swatches. So to be quite frank I'm kinda sick of them(sorry). I never used gauche paint before so I didn't know what to expect but after this project I still don't know how I feel about them. I think the paint alone is pretty dry which can be a bit annoying because it makes it harder to work with. Also when mixing the colors sometimes it's hard to make out what color it really is. For example in the center of my geometric composition there is both a very dark green and very dark red, but unfortunately you can't really see the difference in color unless you're directly in front of it. I personally like watercolor so adding the water helped the consistency but sometimes would lose the pigment of the color. I like my geometric shape composition better because I think the shapes turned out really cool and I think the colors work very nice together. The organic shape one is alright but I wish some of the colors were more vibrant, especially in the parts were a tried to make a gradient from one color to another. I like how they flow together by starting from the center and working your way out to the edges. 

No comments:

Post a Comment