Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Maddie Summers - Project 4/5


Project 4:


Reflection:
I was super excited about this project because I love working with illustrator. I haven't made anything like this project in illustrator before but I don't really hate how mine turned out. It's not exactly my style but I like my color scheme for the dinosaurs, and I love the fact that they're dinosaurs. For my brick one I actually like the abstract-ness to it and it kind of reminds me of Pink Floyd's The Wall (duh) and I really like how I did bricks inside bricks. I went for a Fibonacci spiral for that one and you can't really tell that's what I was going for but it definitely has a flow to it.
Project 5:

Reflection:
As a graphic design major it was really hard not to just look through some graphic design books and pick out what I liked, I ended up doing three of those though. I found a NASA book that went through all their old logos and things like that and I only let myself pick out three things I liked. Other than that I see that I like pattern (the bricks, the windows, the lockers), color, symmetry, and contrast.
There's some asymmetry in a couple photos (the book one, the top brick one kind of, the window one with the tree) which I find interesting, having similarity with some differences. I reeeeeally love the style of the St Andrew's building, there's two photos of it that I used. I like the style of the building itself. Also I like the statues design and I guess the asymmetry of them. I like the depth of the column photo a lot. The pop of red in the tree photo. The two blue things I mostly picked for the color but I also liked the industrial-ness of the upper one. I went to Greek Town over the weekend and all the neon was super captivating against the dark sky so I picked a couple of those photos. Also the toy cars I found in a little shop off of Cass were cool because of their contrast, the same thing but different colors.
I did appreciate this project because usually I just draw inspiration off of artists I find off of Instagram but this was a great way to force myself to always be looking out for something in real like to inspire me which will definitely be some thing I'll continue to do as a graphic designer.

No comments:

Post a Comment