Monday, October 10, 2016

Project 2

Reflection

            This project was somewhat difficult for me because I was having trouble finding a way to make each piece cohesive with one another. I initially had created two different pieces that involved overlapping, jagged edges, and simplicity. However, the colors I chose and the pieces when viewed together did not have unity. I omitted these pieces and started over. I had realized that everything that I had worked on last year for my concentration could be incorporated into these pieces. I decided that I wanted to continue my style from my concentration into this diptych, which consists of movement, texture, and emphasis on one point. I also intended for the pieces to have unity through texture, movement, and my pallet choice.
   
            Subsequently, my organic piece can be viewed as geometric as well. I created this piece this way in order to form a similarity between the organic and the geometric piece. I feel that if I did not make this choice my pieces would not flow together as well. Equally important, I utilized line work in order to create similarity as well. A few of the lines in my organic piece carry over into the geometric piece. These lines create a cone, which is a combination of a triangle and a circle, therefore demonstrating what these two shapes look like together.

         Overall, this project was very interesting to me and I loved the idea of having a limited pallet. It allowed me to truly study color theory and understand the potential that two colors have when painting. This project had initially been a struggle, but I had resorted to what I knew, which allowed these pieces to truly come together in the end.

Organic and Geometric Shapes



Sketches On Unity, Space, and Scale










Color Theory



Final Compositions









No comments:

Post a Comment