Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Project 3 - Lincoln soucy

Original Compositions

Bits and Pieces

End Result

Reflection:
This was a very tedious project, but I'm pleased with the results.  When I fist began to deconstruct my original compositions, I had only a rough sketch of an idea and wasn't entirely sure that it would turn out decent or not.  However, After a couple hours, I realized I was halfway done.  The staples turned out to be an incredibly sturdy fixative while adding texture and weight to the piece.  The stapling process is incredibly tedious, but the end effect was worth it.  I chose to rearrange the pieces of my original composition into the shape of a shark because I felt it would be best to create something close to the original forms.  I tried to be mindful of layering the paper fragments to add rhythm.  I used the pieces if the orange/yellow triangles to create contrast in the fins of the shark.  I never expected all of my materials to come together as well as they did.  The blue scraps turned out to be exactly the right amount and created a fairly even outline/frame to hold the shape of the shark, so that it wouldn't look like the fish was suspended in the air.  The blue helps to hold the composition in place and add a needed element of darker color to the overall result.

No comments:

Post a Comment