Monday, October 24, 2016

Project 3

                                                                         Reflection:
At first when i was told about the project i had no idea what to do with it. I have worked with paper before and i made a lot of paper sculptures in previous design classes. I decided to make a 3D paper sculpture using only the diptych and some wire. I chose wire because it it easy to work with and it gives you a cool effect. It also holds good and doesn't need extra material to make it hold together. I made a paper sculpture of an abstract form. I wanted the focal point to be a spiral shape that seems as if it was going in and out of the triangle boxes. I also considered keeping the overall shapes in my composition geometric and left only the spiral shape organic. Before i finished the project i noticed that there was too much going on in one corner in comparison to the other so i added the two overlapping cubes to make it more balanced. I enjoyed working with the project and was happy to see how it turned out , it kind of reminds me of a rollercoaster , and the vibrant colors make it stand out too.It has a very nice illusion to it and is visually appealing ,  actually like it more than before it was cut up.




No comments:

Post a Comment