Saturday, October 8, 2016

Project 2

For this project i used  variety of different shapes and forms that i found appealing. I experimented with the shapes by drawing different sketches , and then incorporated them into one final image that emphasized scale unity and tension. To make my diptych i chose a similar color palette for my organic and geometric compositions. The colors used for my organic shapes were ( brilliant red and yellow ochre) . for my geometric shapes i used (crimson red and medium yellow) . I chose these colors because they have a warm vibe . When i made my diptych i used the same painting technique and tried to create texture with my brush strokes. I also used as much hues as i could get from mixing only two colors.In both of my compositions i tried to make each shape stand out by adding a darker and lighter edge to it. Painting this way gave my images a three dimensional effect. I enjoyed working with this project and loved the outcome . This project taught me the power of color and allowed me to see different aspects of my work,








No comments:

Post a Comment