Sunday, October 23, 2016

Project 4/5 Lincoln Soucy

Project 4:



Reflection:
I've never been great with digital art, but i found this project rather enjoyable.  The instructions were a little confusing at first, but things quickly started falling into place and in no time i had a firm grip of how to use the program.  Honestly, I just wanted to keep the composition simple so I could work on project 3 and have it looking presentable by critique day.  I enjoyed this project because it was rather interesting to create such strange abstract shapes from some common pictures.  While I much prefer working with physical art, it is important for an artist to extend their talents into the many various mediums that we have access to these days.


Project 5


Reflection:
This was a project I had to set aside a bit more time for.  Some of the pictures I took when I went up north last weekend and others from around my apartment and neighborhood.  I tried to stick to the elements of rhythm, texture, repetition, and contrast.  It's easy to overlook the finer details of our daily surroundings, so it was interesting to get a closer look at the elements of design in such common spaces.  Again, I had a bit of trouble figuring out how to resize and arrange the images, but eventually had it done before I realized it.  I wanted to continue using nature in my composition by taking pictures of the water of a small river close to the shallows where it gives off a rather marbled texture.  Now that I've had a chance to observe the elements of design more closely, I have noticed that one of the most common of the elements is repetition.  It was also very easy to find examples of texture since I live in an apartment building that was built in the late 1800's.

No comments:

Post a Comment