Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Colleen Rothe-Project 3




Reflection: At first I was a little intimidated for project three because I didn't know how destroying would go. After giving it some thought I figured "well what holds paper together? Staples!" so I wanted to use them but not just pile pieces together I wanted it to have more movement. I was also inspired by stain glass and how its a bunch of different shards that come together to form one piece. I think my favorite part of the project was cutting the paintings into little pieces, there was just something very satisfying about chopping it all up. Stapling the pieces was a bit difficult at times because the pieces are so small trying to hold them under the stapler was challenging. Overall I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, I like how all the colors work well together and there's no area with all red or green or yellow. My only complaint is that some of the staples unhooked from the paper and started falling apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment