Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Charity Pinchum Project 3


In the beginning, I really had no idea what I was going to do, how i was going to do it or how it would look when it was all finished. First I started by ripping my two compositions into pieces then I walked away from the project for a while just to see if I would get any interesting ideas or see some inspiration while going about my day. After returning to the ripped pieces I still had nothing no Ideas came to mind. I force myself to work. I ended up stapling pieces together into 6 smaller sections then I had to decide how I would connect the six pieces, I could connect them with staples or stitch them together. stitching would have been very difficult so I stapled them. I tried to give section an even amount of color and I still managed to make it still resemble water in a way. Before we deconstructed the two pieces I didn't see too much similarity or unity between the two paintings but putting the pieces together makes it look like the two belonged together all along.

No comments:

Post a Comment