Sunday, October 9, 2016

Project 2 - McCreary

Gradient scales, Color wheel, and swatches


Diptych


Compositions



Traces

 Reflection: When I started this project, I had not a single clue of where to start. The traces I needed to google organic/geometric shapes because I could only think of 2 or 3 shapes by myself. I had a hard time thinking of different ideas for the compositions that didn't overlap. For the final diptych, I had no idea what I was going to do so I just kind of meshed my ideas for compositions and traces and went with it. I like radial balance so I started in the center and just kept adding shapes.
         Color wise, I used crimson to blue lake for the geometric one and blue lake to emerald for the organic one. So not only do both of the pieces have radial balance but they mesh together with the colors I chose because its like a 3 color gradient scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment