Monday, October 24, 2016

Project 4 & 5 reflections Kristal Michal-Brasseur

While working on projects 4 and 5 I must admit they were not my favorite. I personally am not a tech savvy teenager living the modern era at best I'm still stuck in the early 2000's. Infact my grandma probably could have navigated better around photo shop than me. Although i was not crazy about working on the computer I did however enjoy the opportunity to explore my campus more. This is my first year at Wayne state so I really used project 5 to get familiar with campus and downtown Detroit. Through project 5 I realized how visually pleasing and inspiring the juxtaposition of nature with a city background really is to me. Also while doing project 5 i realized how important the artistic element of contrast is to me. Whether it be contrast of colors or lighting almost all my photos show contrast even though that wasn't my intention. Regardless each photo is meant to showcase a small snapshot into my every day life as a 19 year old college student attending Wayne State.  Project 4 also had the seem concept except it was only meant to showcase the beauty of downtown Detroit. Before coming to Wayne State i never truly knew what the city I grew right outside of had to offer. Both of the photos were actually taken on the Detroit River Walk when i was going on a boat tour of the Detroit river.  As i stated perviously I am not tech-savvy so while working on project 4 I got very frustrated trying to learn the software. I think if i could back and redo project 4 maybe i would have tried to experiment just a tiny bit more with the technology instead of letting it intimidate me. 
]

No comments:

Post a Comment