Sunday, October 9, 2016

project 2


Reflection: 
    For this project I choose three geometric shape and two organic shapes to work with. My first painting was the organic shapes, a starfish shape and rock shapes. The two colors that I chose went with the underwater theme that came about after choosing the shapes, dark blue and the darkest yellow. Doing a lot of shading with the yellow gave texture to the shapes and made it a little more interesting to look at. In the geometric painting I used triangles, trapezoids and circles. I was able to get a lot of different shades with the red and sienna paint colors that I picked for this piece. In each of the pieces there is a lot of focus on the corners. This is what I thought would make the pieces look unified. I think that one of my biggest problems was making these two separate pieces look like they belong together, but I probably could have chosen colors that could have paired better together. Looking at the pieces side by side, putting a lot of emphasis on the corners did create a dynamic between the two even though there wasn’t anything else that brought them together.






No comments:

Post a Comment