Sunday, October 9, 2016

Reflection:

     This project was a fun way to experiment with a new medium and to try to make two separate pieces try to come together and work as one. I chose to start with the geometric shape composition because I had a couple ideas pop into my head as soon as I heard about the project having to do with geometric shapes. I knew for a fact that I wanted to use tape to achieve cleanish lines and I personally usually tend to swing towards cool colors because they are calming for me. So I basically cut a piece of 9"x12" Bristol board and began taping away. I tried to create a symmetric offset of shapes and for this specific composition I chose to work with a more water-color form of the medium. This composition did not take me long at all, maybe 15- 20 minutes. On the other hand the natural shape composition took me much longer and I worked on it a number of different times as opposed to getting it all done in one sitting. For this composition I chose to basically flip my geometric shapes onto the other page and make them into natural leaves and sticks. With this composition I added much less water to the paints and tried to give the shapes more a realistic feel with tints and shading. 


Color Wheel and Swatch Board

           


Mini One-Shape Compositions

       




Natural And Geometric Shape Diptychs

 

              

No comments:

Post a Comment