Friday, September 23, 2016

Project 1

Source Materials




Process



Finished Project



In the end I really enjoyed this project, seeing the final outcome I'm really happy to see how everything come together. At first I thought it was going to be difficult trying to make them abstract because the sources I chose were very obvious things. If I knew what we were going to be doing in the beginning I would have chose different sources. Some of my compositions are better than others but I still like them all and am happy how they turned out.
Scaling up the tracings to the 8x8s were a bit challenging, I have never used the grid method before so trying to get everything to be accurate took some time. Once I started using the pens to outline all the pencil it really came together. The sixth and ninth composition are two of my favorites because the contrast of black and white really make them stand out and give a cool effect. I also really like the seventh and twelfth compositions because I think the patterns are very pretty and the thin lines are very clean.
Overall I enjoyed this project not just because how mine turned out in the end but everyone's. I think it's really interesting to see everyone's finished projects because we all had different sources and everyone has their own styles.

No comments:

Post a Comment