Monday, September 26, 2016

Project 1 Comoplete : Kristal Michal-Brasseur

Reflections on Project 1
By: Kristal Michal-Brasseur
  Initially when I started this project I had no idea what to expect. Honestly, it really wasn't really until the end that I finally did understand the project or even actually enjoy it. Yet as I stand sit here typing this blog post, I can't help but feel pride in my end result. This has to be one of the most tedious pieces of art I have ever done. I have never really experimented with design other than 2d drawings or paintings so i was worried this class wasn't going to be a challenge. I was very wrong. I never before realized how clumsy I am with my materials or how little attention I truly paid to details. It wasn't until I found myself shredding madly  through paper trying to get correct measurements that I realized I need to slow down and be more patient. Another moment was when I was actually assembling the project, never before had my patience for a piece been so tested as the glue would seem to NEVER stick. Yet it is those moments that I thought I was on the brink on insanity that make me proud of this project. Though in the beginning I admittedly had no concept or message in mind, except to make it look "weird". It was towards when I stopped trying so hard and let my creativity flow naturally that I understood what my art was about. I composed composition that seems to scream my personality without even realizing it (more so towards the end of the project). I like to think each slide is an individual look into a different part of my brain. The viewer can also see my progression from being artistically reserved to finally allowing my creativity to take control. Ultimately, I think the project was a great one to start with for the year because it really did challenge me, not only did it challenge my time management skills but also my artistic skills. Its been awhile since i had an art professor actually show me news ways using new material to create pieces. I had never really used carbon transfer paper before or ever thought about scaling up my pieces from a smaller size using a grid. I really enjoyed that aspect of this class. Down below is pictures of my full project, as well as some of my original concept designs and resources. Note that not all my original designs stayed the same as they were later changed in the process after understanding what I wanted the concept of this piece to be.  








No comments:

Post a Comment