Monday, September 26, 2016

Project 1 - Julian Chastang









I started the project looking for inspiration in many of the books and magazines i had in my room. The books I decided to use for my project were Michael Hampton's Figure Drawing: Design and Invention, Burne Hogarth's Dynamic Anatomy, Graffiti: New York, and Graffiti: Las Angeles. It was a bit difficult to choose these out of other stuff i had since I couldn't use most of them due to not having the required pictures for the project. This was especially hard because I never really created anything abstract before.

What i ended up doing was using several images out of the figure drawing and anatomy books and trying to make the traced images look warped and not normal. I had several other images I got from old car magazines, but I felt like couldn't really use those because of their size. I ended up only using two images from the graffiti books, but I split one image into two. I thought this would be interesting because they look lithe they are separate images. This was an interesting but difficult assignment for me. If I could make any changes to my final images, I probably would have put more details into the images but then again I probably would have chosen simpler pictures to trace.


No comments:

Post a Comment