Sunday, September 25, 2016

Project 1 Reflection - L. Soucy

My inspiration for this project was an overall theme of nature with a subtle hint of the man-made world.  I wanted the main focus to be on the more natural elements like the fish, birds, beetles, and stag horn.  The man-made elements I wanted to use to almost an invasive effect, as if the objects are intruding on the page.  To achieve this, I tried to use mostly weaponry for the human-made objects (because nothing is more intrusive than a blade being waved in ones face).  However, keeping with the “subtle” feeling, I tried using only the handles of the arms.  Since I was using multiple magazines, you’d think I had little trouble finding images to trace.  Honestly, it was a bit of a challenge finding enough subjects that looked good together and helped to create the elements of design.  I’m pretty satisfied with how my project turned out, but I would’ve liked to add a bit more in the way of details and shading.  Most of the feedback I received was that it lacked finer detail.  The compositions looked fine, but I definitely felt like they still lacked a little of the finer details.  Overall, I’m satisfied with my project.

Source Materials:

Tracings:

Sketchbook Compositions:

Final Project:

No comments:

Post a Comment