Friday, September 23, 2016

Project 1

My source material was old Vogue magazines from different countries. (Old as in 2013). Since my major is Fashion Merchandising I already had these magazines on hand and it was fun to flip through them again to find interesting material. What I found that inspired me was a lot of straight lines, odd shapes and flowers. However, in the end I ended up not using as many of the tracings as I thought I would, mostly because I couldn't find a use for them.
Process: With my tracings I tried to figure out a way I could combine them into multiple compositions. I mostly repeated the same tracings into one composition, but I did combine some different tracings. I only used two different sized Pitt pens to complete m compositions. I used the same size to draw everything and used a larger size to fill in any larger black spaces. 

This project was definitely difficult for me, I am a terrible artist which is why I am not a design major. I never had a clear vision of what I wanted the outcome to be which made it frustrating and very time consuming. If I knew what the final outcome would have been I would have maybe picked better tracings for my source material, things that could've been more versatile. I also would have worked on managing my time more effectively. In the end I was happier to be finished than I was with my results. Things did get a little sloppy and I could've been more precise. I did, however like the way the flowers turned out, those were my favorites. Everyone who came by to critique seemed to enjoy the model with the butterfly as a head. A lot of people are commented about how my lines were clean, which I appreciated, it was something didn't think about before.




The composition that everyone complemented.





No comments:

Post a Comment