Sunday, September 25, 2016

Project 1

When project one was first assigned, I have to admit that my first feelings about the project were confusion and terror. I simply didn't know how I would make random tracings into a composition that looked good and went hand in hand with some of our artsy vocabulary. I started the project by going to the UGL and picking out an earring book as well as a fashion book. The earring book was my main source material, but I also used some random things around my dorm as well such as a band logo from a sticker, a ramen packet, etc. After finding my source material and doing the tracings, I had a hard time putting together my compositions. It was challenging to try and make my tracings look abstract in the composition, but I think I did fairly well. If I had the opportunity to do this project again I feel that it would end up completely different. After seeing the other projects I realized I could've gone way more abstract then I did, but I still do enjoy the outcome of my final project. It turned out a lot better than I thought it would when it was first assigned. Throughout my compositions I believe I focused a lot on contrast, mainly because I think contrast is interesting in artwork. In this post I've included some of my favorite compositions, and ones that others in class also liked.

Source Material


Tracings


Composition Sketches


Final Project




No comments:

Post a Comment