Monday, September 26, 2016

blog post 1 McCreary


My source material was a Pokémon book about the recently released Pokémon go app. The traces went pretty smoothly, but at one point I did run out of big enough things to trace out of the book. I ended up swapping with someone and tracing sculptures from late china. The sketches went great, but I honestly didn't like most of them in the pencil. I was a little unsure about blowing up the pictures because I wasn't sure how they'd look especially since I didn't like how the sketches came out on a lot of them. Before this project, I've never used a pitt pen, so that was a new experience. I honestly couldn't believe how much it made the drawings pop off the paper. My greatest challenges were to not be super picky, as sometimes I can be a bit of a perfectionist; time management and to not use such a heavy hand, that's kind of my style so it was hard to stop myself. In high school, I remember getting a project where we had to take an everyday item and making into a repeating artwork which is what I kept thinking back to as an inspiration, as many of my sketches follow the flip flopping, repeating pattern.

close ups: 


Sketches:


Traces:

No comments:

Post a Comment