Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Sarah Rosecrans
In Class Exercises

  
textures^

layered paper rendering of collage^

expressing different emotions using only paper^

 rubber thread^

Reflection:
All in all these little in-class exercises helped with my creative process while working on our two final projects. It was cool because I was forced to try art techniques I wouldn't normally think of attempting. I also feel that these activities worked as a sort of mind-numbing stress relief since completing these tasks didn't take any thought but simply needed you to act on what you felt. I used the leaf texture for the background of my layered paper rendering of my collage. I used my exacto knife to slice the paper the way I wanted it. It was a pretty cool project to try and my only complaint was that the little pins always hurt my fingers! Anyway, moving on, the expressing emotions with only paper project was interesting to me and sort of felt like a group art therapy session... which was different. For the rubber thread project, I took the approach of dipping my thread in the glue and throwing it onto the wax paper and letting it land where it lands. After I finished throwing all of my thread down I coated over top of all of my threaded area with a fairly thick coat of that paste. I had fun with these in-class mini projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment