Sunday, December 18, 2016

Final Project - Jessie Kim


Process

Final Project
                                  












Reflection
This project was fun. At first it was a little challenging to figure out what I wanted to do for the project but I just combined some of the concepts from this semester's past projects. I like the accordion format because it almost forces the viewer to move around to see the entire piece and I like how you can fold it up and easily move/transport it. I chose to make the squares 2 inches because I like the mini look... it makes it look cute, for a lack of better words.
As an "artist" (HAHHHHAHHHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH....) I naturally create abstract designs even when I'm doodling, and I love painting so I decided to create some abstract symbols/designs by placing one dot on the paper and letting it drip (adding more water if necessary for more flow) and tapped the paper onto the table until the drip stopped or until it was too close to an edge. I did that for two more dots. To create the accordion format I taped the 2 inch squares together with 1/2 inch artist's tape and secured the tape by making one stitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment