Saturday, December 17, 2016

Final

Final
By Feza Ali



The was the rough draft that is started with. Before I even knew what I wanted to make, I knew for a fact that I wanted to play with different art mediums. It was a challenge that I hadn't done before, and thought it was a good risk to take for a final project. I made the above sketch with a regular mechanical pencil. My initial intention was to make some sort of image or galaxy in the eye and that's what I started off, but ended up just blending various colors.

 The media that I chose was oil pastels, charcoal , graphite pencils, mirror and feathers. I use oil pastels for the pupil and iris which gave it the very rich colors. After buying the oil pastel, I realized that I have never worked with blending them, but that turned out to be not so hard once I used a blending stick. I used mirrors for part of the eye that would typically reflect color. I used feather for the eyelashes. Graphite for the lighter part of the eye and charcoal for the darker areas. I ended up playing around a little more and realized that I like how it looked if I put some mirror on in the feathers and the corner of the inner eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment