Sunday, November 27, 2016

Project 6- Sarah A. Rosecrans


What you will need:
  • Watercolor paper
  • Watercolor
  • Paint brushes
  • Two suction cup hooks
  • Two small binder clips



Water Color Shower Process
Instructions:
1. Prepare your watercolor paper by brushing on a thin layer of water across the paper 




2. Paint the composition however you like
3. Repeat steps two and three at least five times, set compositions aside to dry


4. Set up the shower by attaching the suction cups to the wall of the shower, preferably
out of reach of the water
5. When ready to shower, attach binder clips to dried composition and hang on suction

cup hooks in the shower
6. Shower as you normally would and when hair begins to fall out into your hands, take the

hair and stick it to the water color composition.


7. At the end of shower, flip hair over to towel dry (excess water from hair will splash the
composition)


The Outcome


This project was pretty interesting to me. I've never really thought to create art out of a daily routine so it was fun to try something new and didn't take much effort since it was really just something i'd do on a regular basis anyway. Everything ended up costing just a bit over ten dollars and everything i bought I was able to grab in one stop at Walmart. The prepping process of creating the watercolor paintings was relaxing and worked as a sort of stress relief after a long day. I'm pretty content with the outcome of the project. The only thing is when I was thinking about this project and how to do it, and when we were brainstorming, I guess I was thinking back to before I cut my hair, when it used to be long and unhealthy, it would fall out a lot more during my showers... and I mean A LOT more... So I feel like if I would've attempted this project before I cut my hair It could've been a much more interesting outcome. That's just something to keep in mind for later for myself. But all in all this was a pretty cool project and I'd try it again in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment