Friday, November 25, 2016

in class exercises- Angela Brooks

The first exercise we did. showing the 5 emotions through a piece of a paper was interesting to me. There are so many possibilities for each emotion. Connected was the twisted piece of paper into a ring. Passion was the paper crumpled up into a ball. Sadness was the paper that I ripped into a bunch of pieces. Fear was the folded piece of paper, and lastly agitation was the paper left untouched.


The next exercise that we did with the red string and the glue stuff (I forgot the name) was really fun. I liked working in the groups and rolling the die so you never knew what length you were going to get next. My piece turned out really well and actually came off the wax paper all in once piece. Then when we had to create a composition from our textures and create a collage I knew that I wanted to use the red string in my collage. It was fun to get out of the class and walk around the building to find different textures.
 I created a composition using 2 textures in my sketch book but I wasn't really happy with it because I am terrible at drawing. However, when we had to recreate a background composition based off those textures I was excited to see something new I could create.

When we were assigned the last exercise I was slightly concerned as to how I was going to recreate the previous exercise using just these giant black pieces of paper. It got easier however and I wasn't as hard as I had expected. I like the end result but I haven't yet suspended mine with the pins. Below is a picture of what it looks like before I suspend it on the wall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment