Sunday, November 27, 2016

Project 6 - Lincoln Soucy

Materials:
-1 sharp knife
-1 machete (optional)
-1 sheet of bristol board
-A roll of duct tape
-A set of paint
-A cup of water


Instructions:

1. Take a sharp knife or machete into the woods.
2. Cut off a branch of the desired size from a maple tree.
3. Cut strips of bark and wood from the end of the branch/stick.
4. Carefully split the wood shavings down into hair-like fibers.
5. Bundle the wood fibers.
6. Wrap duct tape around fibers leaving at least half of the fiber bundle exposed.
7. Sharpen a fragment of the branch you acquired to a point and attach it to the bundle of fibers.
8. Paint the remaining branch where you left it once you started to work on the brush.
(Make sure to keep the brush fibers wet or they wont bend)

I enjoyed this project because it let me extend my knowledge of woodworking into an area I've not worked with before.  I have painted but I've never made a paintbrush before.  

Process:













No comments:

Post a Comment